Do You Need a New Water Heater?
If you have a standard tank water heater and it has problems, you may need to invest in a new water heater for your home in the Tyler, TX, area. You may be able to tell if you need a new water heater before you call a plumber.
Signs Your Water Heater Can’t be Repaired:
- If your hot water looks rusty, then you should have your water heater replaced. Rust on the inside of your water heater will eat away at your tank until it starts to leak. If your tank starts to leak, it can cause severe structural damage!
- Water heaters that have a lot of sediment in them can make noises. Noises can be a sign of corrosion, and your water heater may have weak spots that lead to leaks.
- If you have a leak that needs consistent repairs, or the tank starts leaking, then you should replace your water heater.
- If your water heater is more than ten years old, and you need to have it repaired, consider having it replaced to save money on repair costs that can increase as the months or years go by. Budgeting for a new water heater is easier than needing one because it is an emergency.
- If your water heater doesn’t produce enough hot water for your household, you may want to consider a replacement that has a larger capacity. Many people accept the water heater that is in a home they purchase. If you want a larger water heater, some sizes accommodate the lifestyles of households that are at home more often or have many people in the house. You may also want to consider adding another water heater if your home is large.
- Costly repairs are a good reason to decide to replace a water heater. If you must order repair services many times a year, you will save money, time, and worry with a new water heater!